In today’s world most of the people are using smartphone and applications are very important part of it. These apps are of different types like Native, Web and Hybrid, which run s on different platforms. Mobile App Development Company has created apps which runs on cross platforms with single code. PhoneGap is open source freely available app which can be run on different platforms. There is rapid increase in these types of apps as they are easy to maintain and save both time and money. PhoneGap App Development Company are focusing more on creating powerful framework of PhoneGap applications to generate better results. While developing cross platform applications require time, efforts and resource as compared to native apps.
What is Good in PhoneGap?
PhoneGap is open source app and easily download through the app stores. PhoneGap is written in HTML so it is easy to understand and access. It also having in –build features such as Geo-location, Camera, music, accelerator, storage, compass and network APIs. There are so many advantages of PhoneGap applications that are very useful such as:
- PhoneGap provides easy testing and maintenance of applications.
- PhoneGap supports multiple platforms such as Android, iOS, Window, webOS.
- PhoneGap is best technology to use the as it do not require features of native applications.
- It provides cross platform to application to run and with single coding and flexible designs.
- There is no need for additional skills to develop the app as they are coded in web languages i.e. HTML, so easy to write and understand.
- PhoneGap is possible to access some of the APIs such as camera, Geo-location and many more features.
- It provides fast access and security to in-build features.
- Even if the apps are developed on PhoneGap, they are easily downloadable from app stores.
- Provides plugins that are very useful and easy to access the features.
What is Bad in PhoneGap?
- PhoneGap having some of the drawbacks also as it leads to decrease in the performance of the application Such as:
- PhoneGap Apps are very poor in performance, they are not recommended for the gaming technologies as compared to native apps.
- PhoneGap apps do not have sufficient amount of widgets and not the best choice as there is lack of functionalities.
- While working with native apps, PhoneGap apps become inefficient.
- PhoneGap do not having the look and appearance as good as native apps.
- PhoneGap are not as fast in providing the access and control to the user and slow processing.
- While PhoneGap is written in well managed documents, but some of the old documents may be out dated or do not get updates regularly.
PhoneGap is most widely use application now a days and getting popular day by day. It is having benefits and limitations of its own. PhoneGap Development Company is trying to make apps that require less maintenance, as improvement in the app building process is require reduce the limitations. PhoneGap will be the latest trend in near future and they are cross platform apps and easy to access and provides a lots of functionalities and the API which will lead to generate better results and lead the PhoneGap applications to grow more and increase more customers.